Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Right Here , Right Now


This week I had the opportunity to travel to Orlando Fla. to attend a conference pertaining to my job in the hospitality field. I asked Chrissie to come down with me a couple of days before the conference started to check out what Orlando has to offer. We decided to get up early one morning and take a drive to Coco Beach. The weather was great and there were only a couple of people on the beach due to the Red Tide so it seemed we had the whole place to ourselves. Walking along the beach I thought of how peaceful and relaxing everything was at the moment. I also thought of how I'm always working on the next thing whether it's the next task at work, the next workout at the gym or the next assignment needed to be completed for Try Change.


Taking that walk also reminded me that it's great for me to be focused on task and assignments that need to be finished but it's also just as important to enjoy where I'm at during any moment in time. I admit it's easy to say that when your walking along a beach in 85 degree weather in the middle of December but still I should find more time to relax and enjoy the little things in life as well. Here's to quiet times, no traffic, no pushy people at the mall and no deadlines.
I hope this holiday season gives you time to relax and enjoy the little things in life.

Vince

No comments: