Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ordinary People...


Ordinary people doing extraordinary things for others...tonight we share the story of Eric Gamble. Eric is on a mission to raise money for Angels Place by losing 25 pounds by participating in a boot camp at his gym.


ANGELS' PLACE provides a loving and caring environment for children diagnosed with life-threatening illness. Additional assistance is given to the family as they emotionally struggle for understanding while the pain and exhaustive treatments continue for the dying child. Our respite/end of life program provides ease and comfort to the whole family and help preserve the family unit.


We'll let Eric tell you all about it in his own words via his Travel Beggar blog:


I am starting Eric's 25 for Angel's Place . As many of you know, I also have promoted charity to children's charity. Often, I see and help others who are taking pledges or donations to walk/run or do something for Cancer Research, AIDS Research, Education Against Violence, etc. So I am taking donations to lose weight on behalf on Angel's Place. Right now I weigh 224.5 lbs. My Personal goal is to get to 199 lbs. The program is a 14 week program that will essentially end on August 20th

I am asking for a $25 donation or $1 a pound. You can donate via paypal right now. If you donate now, I will note the amount donated & if by some horrible chance that I don't make the 25lbs, I will refund you a dollar per pound I missed. (ie: if I only lose 20lbs by August 20th then, the Angel's Place will receive your generous $25 donation & I will refund you $5 from my own money...not the Angel's Place. Please consider helping me on my mission to become a healthy Travel Beggar as well as a way to help these great children

Visit Eric's blog or check out Angels Place's website to learn more about this wonderful organization!

Tonight we celebrate everyone who makes it their duty to make a positive difference in the world!

Help us pass along the Try Change message by joining one of our blog communities and asking your blog community members to visit our blog.







Try Change Newsletter
Thank you to all of you for your support...Never give up on your dreams!

Vince & Chrissie

No comments: