Sunday, September 28, 2008

Busy Weekend...Some No's and a Fashion Show!





We know in order to continue having success at Try Change it will take alot of work and a little bit of luck. This weekend we experienced both... The hard work came this Saturday. I started doing sales calls to independent retailers in the Adams Morgan section of DC all the way to Howard University. I tell ya, you better be able to handle hearing a lot of 'No's" if you want to succeed in starting a new business.

After visiting about 10 stores I was heading back to my car when a young lady stopped to ask me what did the quote mean, "Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future", that was on the back of the Try Change shirt I was wearing. I went on to explain how everyone one has a past, that we all can change direction in our lives for the better. I told her about Try Change and gave her some material to share with others. She went onto say that she thought Try Change was a great idea and to keep up the good work.

Later that night Chrissie and I went to a fashion show that was held at Bridges in Fairfax VA. The show was hosted by Evado who happens to be a store that sells our Try Change line. When we approached the owner of Evado... he said "Try Change is hot, I only have one shirt left", "I need to order some more shirts". Later in the evening we were introduced to another gentlemen who is opening a second Evado. He also wants to order some Try Change shirts. Luckily I had samples of my new designs and was able to show them to both of them as well as give some sample as raffle prizes at the show! It was an awesome night!
Big thank you to Greg for the invite, the introductions and helping us find a little of that luck!!

Currently we have sold out in nearly all 15 stores that we have Try Change shirts in! We have a long way to go but we feel confident we're on the right track.

Help us pass along the Try Change message by joining one of our blog communities and asking your blog community members to visit our blog.

My Space

Razoo

Idealist

Change.org

MyBlogLog

BlogCatalog

Try Change Newsletter

Try Change shirts now available at the following stores:

Swank - Pentagon City Mall

Indigo - Georgetown

Changes - selected stores

Sports Zone - selected stores

Shadows - Forestville Mall

Fashion Mechanics - Springfield Mall

Evado in the Fair Oaks Mall

Remember 10% of all proceeds go to Volunteers of America Chesapeake!

No comments: