Monday, January 14, 2008

The Globe



Hi there! Chrissie here again taking over the blog...

So today I found out about a new radio station here in the DC area and I decided to give it a listen on the way home. I'm the type of person that likes to listen to a little of everything. I like the radio over CDs because listening to the radio gives you a little bit of a sense of community. You get the news, contests, events, weather...if all you listened to was CDs you might not even know when its going to snow, right? :-)

Well, this new station seems to grasp this concept of community and takes a bit farther to include the "global" community. They still have all the local stuff but if you take a look at their website, you'll see that they also have an interest in things that effect the world as a whole. They are also a green station, meaning that not only do they encourage people to "go green", they actually use renewable energy to power their signal.

I won't give you my opinion on the music; you may not have the same taste as me, but I think its worth giving them a chance. If nothing else its another option.

Oh, and for those of you not in the DC area you can also listen online at:

http://www.947theglobe.com/

Thanks for stopping by!

Chrissie

No comments: