Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Time


It seems we can become obsessed with cars, clothes, jewelry and other trinkets in life when all that really matters is time. Time spent with family and friends, tonight I wish I can buy some more time. Time, more time with my mom. I'm visiting with my mom here in the hospital; I will stay the night and perhaps the next night. I hope to have many more days and nights with my mom . I try not to ask for help to often but if you pray please say a prayer for my mom (her name is Gwen). My dad past a little over two years ago so it's pretty tough seeing my mom this way.

People ask me if there is anything they can do for me. I would like to offer this suggestion. Everyday tell your children, parents and grandparents you love them. Treasure the time you have with them don't let "I'll do it tomorrow" become the saying of the day.

One day there will be no tomorrow.

Vince

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Hi Vince, just wanted to let you know my thoughts are with you..
I lost my own dad in a painful way a year ago, half a year ago my own mother was diagnosed with cancer.. She seems to be okay now, fortunately
So, I can relay in a way to what you're going through..

My blessings to you and your mother, hope the two of you have many cherished moments together to come.

Ellen

Vince said...

Ellen,
Thank you for your thoughts and blessings! I will certainly cherish the time that we have now...

Vince

Mary said...

Hi Vince,
just a line to let you know that our thoughts are with you in this time.
Mary

Anonymous said...

Hi Vince,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May you find strength and comfort in the love you share with each other...the God of Love is holding all of you right now.