Sunday, November 25, 2007

Choices


While at home this past weekend I had the chance to spend some time with my older brother . He shared with me a story of a photograph he lost in a fire some years back. In the picture was him and five of his friends. Unfortunately (fortunately for my brother) the only person still alive today is my brother. What make this even more sad is that my brother is only 50 years old. We began talking about the choices we make in life...do we decide to further our education so we can afford a better way of life? a life that permits us to go to the doctor for annual checkups? Do we associate ourselves with people that are striving to make the world a better place or do we hang out with shady characters that end up in trouble with the law? Do we try to eat right and exercises so we can live a healthier and hopefully longer life or do we hit the fast food joint and say next year I'll get in shape? I believe these little choices that we make in life adds up to either make our lives happy and healthy or just a struggle to survive.

There is an old saying (forgive me if I don't know it exactly)

"In the long journey of life it's not the mountains that wear you down but the pebble in the shoe"

It's my goal not to let the little pebbles (choices) wear me down but to make the right choices to live a happy and healthy life.
Join us at Try Change as we strive to share inspirational stories with others and promote positive change in our communities through volunteering, the promotion of inspirational t-shirts and other Volunteers of America activities.
Vince

1 comment:

Martin Saenz said...

Hello Vince,

I added you on my blogroll:)

Martin