Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Westwood


Allow me the opportunity to brag a little bit about my hometown of Westwood NJ. Located In Bergen County just 10 minutes from NY's George Washington Bridge.

I can give you populations figures, stats, level incomes and an assortment of numbers to formulate where Westwood sits in each of these categories however I'll think I 'll just share my observations during my extended weekend visit.

I woke up Monday morning in the same house that our family has owned for the last 60 years. I rode my bicycle up town. On the way to town I passed several parents that were walking their kids to Berkeley Elementary School. I went to pick up some bagels from the bagel shop that's been in town for at lease 25 years. After breakfast I walked down the street for a 10 minute walk that turned into 3 hours because I stopped and talked with my old school friend, his grandmother, then went to both my aunts houses and finally stopped by our park. All this is located on a street less than a 1/2 mile long. After my conversations, I visited the local pizza shop where I did not have to give my order since he new what I wanted even though I've been living in VA for the last 10 years.

The next day I rode my bicycle for 2 1/2 hours and did not hit one major highway or road way. I walked through my backyard to the football field to watch a Pee Wee Football game and later rode my bike up town to stop at the local soda shop that's been in existence since the 1930's..

When I was a kid I always use to talk about how no one in Westwood wanted things to change and now I know why.

It's a great place to live.

Vince

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Sounds like the perfect setting for a feel good movie!