Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Keep Pushing




Well the Press Release went out today and of coarse I expected the local news, and CNN to be knocking down my door :-) I've learned not to take myself too seriously at this point in time. Actually the Press Release did increase the amount of hits on my web site and I can't expect too much since I've only been on the Internet for six days. I guess it's the salesperson in me because I did not let it get me down. Somewhere I read it's the extra thing that you do before you call it a day that makes you successful so I decided to do something crazy. After work I decided to walk into the local clothing store armed with my front page article from the Springfield Times and a sample of my t-shirts and try to make a sale. Now as I said before I do not know the In's and Outs of the t-shirt business but I do know people and people buy on emotion and I'm not selling a t-shirt I'm promoting a message. So that's what I did, I walked in and promoted a message. Well low and behold the owner did not laugh at me but agreed with my message of inspirational t-shirts and took the time to read my article and look over my samples. He gave me some suggestions and said he will look at the rest of my line of t-shirts on my website and set an appointment with me this Friday evening to discuss about possibly having my shirts in his shops. That's what I love about sales if you keep pushing something good will happen. I don't know where this sales call will lead maybe he'll sell my shirts in his shop or maybe he gave me just enough to keep pushing.


Keep pushing!


Vince


No comments: