Monday, September 24, 2007

Something Different


One of the challenges I've encountered since founding Try Change is getting people to give us a look , buy a t-shirt or share their story with us. So much so that when I see someone out there striving to make their dreams come true I jump at the chance to to lend my support. Try Change is not a religious or political site but we do enjoy sharing different view points and celebrate individuals and groups that are spreading hope, faith, peace, diversity and positive change with others. With this in mind this week's feature story is about a local musical artist named CHIEEF.


I met CHIEEF one Saturday afternoon as I left the local supermarket. We had brief discussion on musical taste, then she asked me if I would be so kind as to listen to her new CD, 2nd Chance. I did and I liked it very much. The CD is a mixture of R&B and Rap, the lyrics are clean and the message is something I feel would be welcomed by many people who are tired of the over sexed , thugged out music that seems to saturate our airwaves these days. As her website states:


"It's not about bling, it's not about hoes, murder, drugs or
colors. It's about life---it's about knowing that God is real and knowing
that the days that we have on this earth are valuable. Cause when it is
time to go--it aint
no turning back."

I happened to run into CHIEEF once again so I asked her if I could place her information on the Try Change Blog and list her as one of my feature story on the Try Change Website. She agreed so here she is. I wish CHIEEF all the best and celebrate her as she strives to make her dreams come true while also sharing her message with others. Read, hear and see more about Chieef at: http://www.doubleechieef.com/


Hey, sometimes we need a 2nd Chance,


Vince


No comments: