Monday, July 09, 2007

Action


When I explain to people what inspired me to start Try Change I often get the look of "You know I had an idea that I never started " or "I agree with you that we need more positive or inspirational messages out there but you actually are doing something about it". As I start to think of the responses I have to wonder is it natural now not do something about an issue that you feel passionate about? Have we've become spectators in our own lives by not participating in the journey but looking for someone to give us a ride only to become discouraged when the driver drops us off at a destination we did not plan on visiting. When did we stop believing in the dream that one person can make a difference. As a youngster I loved history , I enjoyed reading biographies on people who refused to let the dream die within them. Who would think that one women's refusal to get up out of her seat would spark a revolution that would forever change our country. Do you still believe? Do you believe that you can make a difference? and if so what's stopping you from taking that belief to the next level ? If you do believe and are doing something about it share it with us at Try Change so we share it with others. In closing I would like to share a story from my younger days as a kid in Jersey. I was about 10 years old and was in the backyard putting together a Go Cart. About halfway through I decided I did not want to finish it and let the parts sprawled out in the backyard. Well my father came home and made me finish that Go Cart. When I asked him why he said "If you start quiting now you ll be a quitter all your life" At the time I thought he was crazy how could not putting together a Go Cart be all that but now I see what he meant. We don't all of a sudden give up or quite but we give up a little bit at a time until we give up all together.


Don't give up, still believe, join us at Try Change.


Thanks Dad.


Vince

Walter Stubbs 10/4/1930-6/11/2005

No comments: