Sunday, August 26, 2007

Art Inspires Life

Jonathan by Spar

I always get that quote mixed up...Is it Art Inspires Life or Life Inspires Art? Maybe its both. Today was an art inspired day for me. I spent the morning watching more tutorial videos on Lynda.com. This is an amazing website for learning just about any type of web related software. Then I had a training session up at the library. We actually did a website from story boarding to actual testing in Explorer. It was very cool to be able to be creative and artistic but at the same time technical and analytical. A mesh of art and science :) I guess I'm a little giddy about it because its so new to me but there just seems to be such endless possibilities to be creative. It made me think about how art so often touches our every day lives. Think about it...someone had to design the furniture we sit in, the fabric in the drapes, that crazy cool handbag that just had to be bought. What about the pictures that you have on your walls? We have Cafe at Night in our dining room and I just love the colors and the mood of it. Even though it wasn't something that I made it some how seems to reflex my personality.


Vince shared a website with me this evening that I found to be just amazing. The art work is something you could just get lost it. The website is: http://www.sparstreet.com/ . And the artist is Spar, his parents wanted to give him a strong name. Vince actually was able to met him today; another way that art has touched our lives today.


Do you have a favorite piece of art that inspires you? I would love to hear about it!


Chrissie

1 comment:

rebu sarkar said...

very great article, educational and informative, so much to learn.
power bi course