Friday, August 03, 2007

One more step forward...




Hi! It's Chrissie again...I know, the second time in one week; Vince must be slacking right? He's actually away at a golf tournament for work. Even when he's playing he's working :) So since I actually do have some news to share I thought I'd fill in.

It's not totally official yet but I re-applied at NVCC (Northern Virginia Community College). I'm going to try to meet with a counselor on Monday to get a game plan together. I don't think I really have that many classes left to take but I could be delusional. I need to sit down and take a look at all of the classes I've take over the years and see what would apply to my degree. I was at Old Dominion for two semesters, then at NVCC, and then at Strayer. So it feels like I've taken alot of classes but I not entirely sure what all transfers over. About six months ago I was considering going back to Strayer to finish my degree because they offer bachelor degrees but was told by one of the counselors that many of my credits from ODU and NVCC didn't transfer so I'll give it a go at NVCC and see what happens. In any case its one more step forward and I have to get a move on it. I'm 30 for goodness sake and I've been taking classes here & there since I was 18. It's really sad :) So please wish me luck!


Oh and one little thing on the jewelry making side of my life...Me and a friend are going to try to do a "holiday" craft show in November. We're just waiting to get word back on the application she sent in. It will be my first show so I'm a little nervous but it should be fun too.


Here's a necklace I did for my mom. It was a vintage necklace that was falling apart so I re-designed it, did some wire work and turned it into a set.




So I guess this seems a little off topic from Try Change but really it is what we are about. Making positive changes in our lives. Taking something that was broken and making it into something new and positive that makes you or someone else happy; Taking steps forward in your life; refusing to be still and settle; Always striving to do better and be better and to help inspire others to do the same! And realizing that its sometimes the little steps that we take every day that will one day move us forward to the place we want to be.


Thanks for letting me share my little step forward :)


Goodnight and have a fabulous weekend!


Chrissie


Oh, a little something I found while using Stumble tonight...in the spirit of using our brains:
http://www.mentalrobics.com/mind/574/read-it-backwards.html

No comments: