Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Power of Networking


Today was a fantastic day for me and for Try Change. As the President of the local chamber of commerce I get the opportunity to meet business men and women from various backgrounds who manage or own companies ranging from website development to investment groups. Today I met with Sally Galloway a Natural Health Counselor with the Center for Health & Harmony

The center assists individuals in leading healthier and happier lives through proper nutrition and exercise. Sally is a chamber member who heard about Try Change and wanted to know what she could do to help me get the word out. She gave me the names of several VIP's in another organization who have inspirational stories of their own that they may want to share with Try Change members. I asked Sally is there anything that the chamber could do as well to help promote her business, this is what networking is all about. Today I also received word that Volunteers of America Chesapeake has contacted a reporter/ writer to conduct an interview with me tomorrow to tell them about my efforts with Try Change. As you may know a portion of the profits from Try Change t-shirts is donated back to the Volunteers of America Chesapeake. The article will appear in their newsletter, Voices and on their website. Talk about the power of networking . Since it's inception about 30 days ago Try Change has appeared on the front page of the Springfield Times, Buyers Guide and now in Voices all on a marketing budget of $50.00 a month. This could not have been possible without networking with positive people that are willing to be part of something bigger than themselves. In closing I ask you to join Try Change by joining our blog community or purchase a shirt to help spread the word. Remember a portion of all profits are donated back to VOA.

Vince

No comments: